POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Robot/Keyframe Test (Divx Link to 1.3MB) : Robot/Keyframe Test (Divx Link to 1.3MB) Server Time
3 Jul 2024 02:16:33 EDT (-0400)
  Robot/Keyframe Test (Divx Link to 1.3MB)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 27 Apr 2006 02:37:28
Message: <445066a8$1@news.povray.org>
Hey all!

Though life sucks, I've been a little busy for my short. The Keyframing
System I've demonstrated here last week and no one showed interest in (no
hurt feelings, don't worry) can be considered done as far as the grouping
goes. I'm not sure if I won't add some more interpolation methods, but I do
think anything that can't be done with the system is something the system
just isn't intended to be for. ;-)

To test the robot's rig along with the system, I cooked this small clip.
It's nothing fancy, and the robot doesn't even admit that he's supposed to
have some character, after all, it's just a proof-of-concept that I can
animate using pure POV-SDL...

Note that it's encoded with Divx6, so you'll probably need the latest
install (but those that use things usually update their things, so I don't
think I actually needed to make this latest-install-comment...).

http://www.nolights.de/chasm/animations/kf_test1.avi

Comments, critique, links to workshops on keyframe-animation, (anything
constructive or nice) is appreciated. :-)

Regards,
Tim

--
aka "Tim Nikias"